Decals, how to use them
❋ Waterslide Decal Paper Instructions:
- Before you begin, it is important to note that clear waterslide decal paper is best applied on light coloured surfaces.
- And that decal front paper, where the print is, is ultra delicate and fragile, so don't rub it and treat it gently
- Cut the image out with scissors. (Or use the entire decal in a slab - if you do so, you'll need to cut with metal cutters afterwards)
- Soak your decal in a bowl of warm water for 15-60 seconds. If the decal curls up, use your fingers to lay it flat for a few seconds to straighten it. The decal is ready to be transferred when you see the edges peeling from the backing sheet.
- Remove the paper backing by sliding it off from the white decal with your image printed on it and apply it to your desired surface.
- IMPORTANT! Smooth out the surface gently with a clean cloth or sponge to remove water and trapped air bubbles.
- Cure the piece, bake the item with the decal on it with your clay baking instructions. But the decal will work better on temperatures of no more than 250F
❋ SEAL THE PIECES After baking, seal your pieces with varnish, modge podge products or resin.